Anaheim Convention Center Expansion Groundbreaking Event Tues., April 21, 11 a.m.
Seventh expansion to add more meeting space, more economic impact, more jobs
WHAT: Anaheim Convention Center and the City of Anaheim will host a groundbreaking event on Tuesday, April 21 @ 11 a.m. Hear from City of Anaheim officials, construction partners and from the ACC and Anaheim/Orange County Visitor & Convention Bureau.
- Seventh expansion to the LEED-certified Anaheim Convention Center, adding an additional 200,000 square feet of flexible meeting space to the building, solidifying its spot as the largest convention center on the west coast.
- The expansion will allow the City of Anaheim to retain conventions that have grown in popularity each year, as well as provide space to attract new conventions and events. Without expanding, the City will lose business and revenue.
- The expansion site encompasses the existing CarPark 1 area that fronts Katella Avenue, east of the Convention Center Arena.
- Located in the heart of the Anaheim Resort District, the Anaheim Convention Center is an important enterprise operation the City relies upon to support the General Fund. The Anaheim Resort District provides approximately 50 percent of the General Fund tax revenues, which in turn provides for vital City services such as Fire, Police, parks and libraries.
- Additional tax revenue from the expansion is projected to be more than $9 million annually. An estimated 1,860 jobs will be created during construction, and the expansion will support more than 2,000 new jobs annually.
WHO: - City of Anaheim elected officials and executives
- Anaheim Convention Center
- Anaheim/Orange County Visitor & Convention Bureau
- Turner Construction and construction partners
WHERE: Anaheim Convention Center (map)
800 W. Katella Ave.
Anaheim, CA 92806
MEDIA OPS: - Press conference set-up
- Interviews with ACC and AOCVCB executives
- B-Roll/Photos available
CONTACT: Tania Weinkle
Communications Director, AOCVCB
t: (714) 765-8854; e: email@example.com